Top Online Blackjack Games Australia
Welcome to the world of top online blackjack casinos in Australia. If you want to play online casino games for real money, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together top-rated casino sites based on where you can play online blackjack and live blackjack online.
If you want blackjack strategies to help your chances of winning, refer to our strategies and how to play blackjack online below.
Best Online Blackjack Casino Sites 2023
How to Play Blackjack Online
If you are new to blackjack, you can learn how to play with the simplest blackjack rules we’ve put together to help you play blackjack.
The first thing to note is that the blackjack game is played using a standard deck of 52 cards shuffled together. blackjack players range from 2 to 7 per table, but this is flexible on online blackjack, where you can play only with the dealer.
Card 2 to 10 equals their face value meaning 2 equals 2, etc. Ace equals 1 or 11 (whichever of the two benefits you). 10, Jack, King, and Queen each equal 10.
To play, you must first place your wager. After you’ve placed your wager, you will be dealt two cards; both faced up. The dealer will also be dealt two cards; one faced up and a hole card, which is dealt faced down.
Once you have your cards, the games begin. To win, you must have a total card value of 21 or anything closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand. If your total card value exceeds 21, you lose; this is called a bust. The basic aim is to have a total value of 21 or less but more than the dealer’s hand.
To win, you must have cards with a total value closer to 21 than the dealer. If you are dealt a hand with a total value of 21, you got a perfect blackjack.
If you win with a perfect blackjack, you get 3:2. If you win by the value of a bet closer to 21 than that of a dealer, you get 1:1.
You get your bet amount back if your score equals the dealer’s score. This is called a push.
After you’re dealt your first two cards, you have a choice either to hit, stand, double down, split, surrender, or take insurance. The dealer can only hit or stand.
- Hit: If you think getting more cards will help your game, you can choose to hit. You hit when you want to be dealt more cards to improve your hand total.
- Stand: You can stand if you think the initial two cards you are not dealt will beat the dealer’s hand. Once you stand, the dealer reveals their cards, and the outcome is final.
- Double Down: You can double your bet at any time before you hit or stand. This is called doubling down. You can double down when you have a hand total that benefits you, but you still need to take another card.
The total number of cards you can be dealt when you double down is one, meaning you must stand after you double down. You should double down when you believe you probably need just one more card to win.Double down does not apply to all online blackjack games.
- Split: You can also choose to split after you’re dealt your first pair. Splitting is when you decide to put out a second bet. This is an option when you have two cards of the same value. Each card will be played with its hand, but these hands are both yours.
- Surrender: You can surrender if you are unhappy with the initial cards you are dealing with. You can exchange your initial cards for the portion of your bet. This option is not available to all blackjack variants.
- Take Insurance: You can bet on the dealer getting perfect blackjack. This is called taking insurance.
The good thing about blackjack is that the odds are on the player’s side. Blackjack is not just a game of luck. You can also steer the game’s direction to your advantage, and you have more advantages in the game than the dealer.
It is up to you to make strategic decisions along the game to maximize your winning chances. See the below strategies you can use to improve your winning chances.
Popular Blackjack Game Strategies
- If a dealer has a seven or high and your hand is less than 17, you should hit.
- You should hit if a dealer has 8, 9, 10, or an Ace, and you have a pair of 7t.
- But if you have pair of Aces, you should split your hand.
- You should double down if your hand has a total card value of 11.
- You should double down if the dealer card is low and there’s no Ace.
Types of Blackjack Games
Classic Blackjack Online
Classic Blackjack is the most popular blackjack game in most parts of the world, including Australia. The house edge for Classic Blackjack Online is lower, and the game’s rules are easier. Only two players are involved in classic blackjack: the player and the dealer.
European Blackjack is played with two decks of cards. If the dealer has a blackjack, he wins unless the player also has a perfect blackjack. The dealer only receives their second card after the player has decided how to play the cards dealt to them. The player can only split once.
Pontoon Blackjack is a variant of blackjack in which the dealer’s first two cards are both dealt face down. Because of this, the player gets a high payment win. A two-card hand of 21 is called a ‘Pontoon’ with Pontoon.
The dealer’s first two cards are dealt face-up(exposed), blackjacks pay even more money, and you lose on ties.
More Casino Games
Roulette Online Gambling: FAQs
Yes. Aussies can play online blackjack on any of the sites recommended in the above table.
Yes. You can choose to play blackjack online for real money. The casino sites we recommend offer real money online blackjack games.
Yes. Australians can play blackjack online legally. This is not the case for every other country. There are countries where online casinos are not legal.
No. Online casinos are legal in Australia. All the recommended sites offer Australian online blackjack games. You must make sure you choose legitimate casino sites; we only recommend legitimate online casinos.
No. If dealers were always winning, no one would have played blackjack. Dealers also lose a lot sometimes because players have the best blackjack odds.
Yes. All the recommended sites offer mobile responsive online games. You can play online blackjack on your Android or iPhone mobile device.
Yes. If you can gamble for a living, you can play online blackjack, but gambling is not the best way to make a living.
No. Online blackjack is developed by licensed developers, and like all casinos, online sites are subjected to regulations that ensure that they are ethical.