Best Video Poker Casinos 2022
Video poker has undoubtedly grown to be one of the most popular section at any casino lobby on the internet. Of course, the chances of winning video poker online might be slim, so most Australian players are always looking for the best video poker strategies, tips and tricks.
We have created this guide with all the helpful information to enjoy the game online without breaking your bankroll. So, read on below and learn more about what video poker has in store for you!
Top Video Poker Sites
How to Play Video Poker
Loved and enjoyed by many gamblers, video poker is one of the most straightforward games to play. Of course, this will depend on the version of the game you choose to play. But, regardless of the variation, here are the few steps you can follow when playing video poker online:
- Select the version you’re most comfortable with.
- After choosing the game, you want to play, place your wager to start the game.
- You will then be dealt some cards, and you will need to throw away some for you to create a hand.
- If you don’t manage to make a winning hand, you can choose to fold in the game’s next round.
- You’ll then need to reveal your hand in the final round of the game and get your payout if you win.
You always need to ensure that you keep an eye on all your combinations; you may never know as you might score a few great combinations. Though multi-hand poker might seem a little intimidating, they, too, can be a lot of fun. The same usual poker rules also apply to them and will be highly influenced by the version of video poker you decide to play.
Type of Video Poker Games
Video poker games come in different versions, and most of the games are free video poker download games and instant play. It’s important to know that every video poker game has its own set of rules, so you must get to know these rules before you start playing real money video poker.
Here are some of the most popular video poker games online:
- Joker Poker – The game is played using a deck of 53 cards, which includes the joker. The joker represents the wild symbol and will also complete all the combinations.
- Deuces Wild: In this game, the deuces represent the wild symbol, and the game is played using a standard 52-deck of playing cards. However, it’s also important to know that the payouts aren’t so great in this game.
- Jacks or Better: This is one of the most popular video poker games available online. The gameplay is also very simple and easy to understand.
- Tens or Better: This version of video poker also comes with low payouts that offer you many possibilities to make winning combinations. For a winning combination, you’ll need to have tens or better.
- Double Bonus: Double bonus is a version of bonus poker and offers a much higher payout for the ‘four-of-a-kind’ hand.
- Double Double Bonus: Also referred to as DDB, this video poker game is well known for its additional bonus payoff.
- Aces and Faces: This game is more like a version of Jacks or Better. The main difference is that the ‘four-of-a-kind’ hand with the aces and faces comes with a much bigger payout.
Top Online Poker Strategy
The main aim of any video poker strategy is for the player always to keep cards that can help them win and get rid of the ones they don’t need. For instance, it means when playing Jacks or Better, you won’t need to hold on to a two (2) in hopes of maybe getting a pair. That pair won’t matter.
On the other side of the coin, if you are playing Deuces Wild, you may need to hold on to those 2’s dearly as they are gold in this version. So, you certainly won’t need to get rid of them. Most players do remember playing five-card draw game casually at home, and the principles of the game remain the same throughout all the other versions. However, for players that are only getting started with real money gambling on this game, we highly recommend that you turn on the automation option. However, this will depend on the game software provider, if they have incorporated the program within their system.
Best Poker Tips & Tricks
Over expert team of gamblers have compiled a few tips and tricks that can help you make much more sound decisions when playing video poker online:
- The first and most important tip is not to over-bet. This is the quickest way one goes broke.
- You must check the paytable always to ensure you know the value of all the winning combinations. Paytables are mostly situated at the top of the interface on any real money video poker game.
- Always ensure you have good enough reason to break any possible straights or flushes. They are very good paying hands if they hit.
- It’s always a great idea to try and always find out in any situation what chances you have to catch one of the cards for you to hit the flushes or the straights.
- You can also use the ‘Autoplay’ option to make the ‘Hold’ decisions for you.
- Like with free slots, gamblers can also play free video poker to test their skills first before committing. It also helps you to know your hands much better.
Play Video Poker Online for Real Money
Rest assured that playing poker online will undoubtedly give you a whole different level of entertainment. So, what are you waiting for? Visit any of the best video poker casino sites we feature, and experience it all first-hand!