How to Play Blackjack in Australia
If you want to know how to play blackjack online, then you have come to the right place. The truth is that blackjack is one casino game that many online casino players really want to know how to play. You will need a couple of hours to learn how to play the game perfectly.
The more you play blackjack and the better you play, the lower the house advantage will get. Additionally, this will also better the chances of you having a winning session. In this guide, we will look at how you can play blackjack, the tips and tricks as well as all you need to know about this game.
Play Blackjack Online in Australia
- Great mobile site and games
- Around the clock support
- More than 1400 games
- Impressive website design
- Multi-vendor games
- Good VIP program
- 500+ Game Selection
- Progressive Jackpot Games
- Multiple Welcome Bonuses
- 300% up to 300 eur + 250 FS
- Reload Free Spins
- Impressive Game Selection
- Multi-Provider Games
- Good Bonus Offers
- Multi-level Welcome Offer
- 400BONUS Promo Code
- Good Customer Support
- Huge Welcome Bonus
- Fun Progressive jackpots
- Works on iPhone or Android
- Great Game Selection
- Australian Friendly
- Instant Play Mobile Games
- Multi-level welcome bonus
- Progressive jackpots
- Works on iPhone or Android
Blackjack Online Rules
When you play blackjack online, you will notice that the game is played with one or more standard 52-card decks. It is important that you pay close attention to the rules of any variation of blackjack that you are playing. Cards two through to 10 are worth their face value. Jacks, Kings and queens are each worth 10. The objective of the game is for the player to draw cards that total a number closer to 21, without exceeding it. A blackjack or a two-card 21 is the best total of all in the game of blackjack.
It is quite obvious that not everyone has a lot of time to devote to learning how to play a card game, such as blackjack. With that said, we have decided to give you a quick and straight forward guide to blackjack. Now that you can fully understand the rules, you are well on your way to playing very well in a short amount of time.
How to Play Blackjack: Hand Values
Before you can master the art of playing blackjack at a casino, it is important that you pay attention to the hand values and how they work. So, we will first look at the card types for the dealer. The dealer is regarded as weak if they have a Two through Six hand value. While a dealer’s card is seen as strong if it is a Seven through Ace. Usually, the game is played on an arc-shaped table. Let’s take a look at the basic card values that you need to take into account when you play blackjack online:
- So, face cards, which include J, Q and K count as 10.
- Cards two through 10 count at face value. For example, two counts as two and nine counts as nine.
- Depending on which value helps the hand the most, an Ace can count as a 1 or an 11.
Blackjack Table Layout
The table layout is an important factor when you play blackjack. As we have mentioned, the casino game is played on an arc-shaped table and up to seven players are on the outer part of the table while the dealer sits on the inside. The rectangular placard is placed on one corner of the table. This placard has all the important information about the table such as minimum and maximum bets at that table. Additionally, the placard will include the variations in common rules.
How to Play Blackjack for Beginners
The great thing about this casino game is that it has a number of strategies involved. If you employ the right strategy, you will be well on your way to maximizing your chances of winning. However, you need to know that there are different rules for each variation. Most commonly, in a game of blackjack, you will most likely to be dealt out of an 8-deck or 6-deck “shoe.” Here are a few easy steps on how to play blackjack and win:
1. Buy Casino Chips
So, before you can start playing blackjack online, you will have to first exchange your money for casino chips. At a land-based casino, the dealer will count out chip denominations to equal the amount you’ve bought in for. Once that step is complete, the dealer will push the hips toward you.
2. Players Place Wagers
Now that the players have their wagers. Each player will be required to place a wager in the betting circle. Sometimes, this may be a square depending on the casino. On the far right of the table, you will find a small sign indicating the betting tables.
3. Players get their Cards
The dealer is responsible for making sure that each player is dealt their cards. The cards are dealt clockwise with one face up and the other down. The dealer will get one card face down. At this point, each player will have 2 cards, face up and the dealer will only have one.
4. The Game can Start
Now that every player has their cards, the games can begin. The player on the left side of the dealer, also known as “first base” will be the first to play. There will be two cards in front of the player that they can use to bet.
First, you will have to add your card values together and get your toral which can be anything between four to 21. If you either get an Ace or a ten-value card, then lady luck is on your side. You will be paid 3 to 2 and not having to go through the playing through the round. This only applies if the dealer also has a blackjack.
What Happens if the Dealer has a Blackjack?
If for instance, you find that the dealer has a blackjack then you will have five ways you can play your hand. You do not have to worry about this though. Our team has taken the time to outline in detail the five ways:
- Stand: you should stand if the initial two cards are acceptable. If you stand, the dealer will then be able to move on to the next player.
- Hit: this is if you would like the dealer to deal more cards to improve your hand total. You will get one card at a time until you either “bust” meaning your hand value is over 21 or you decide to stand. You have no limit in the number of cards you decide to take.
- Double Down: you do this step when you have a hand total that is beneficial to you but you need to take another card. At this point, the dealer will give you one extra card.
- Split: you can split if you are dealt a pair. You can decide if you want to put out a second bet.
- Surrender: consider a surrender if you are not happy with the initial cards you get. You have the option to exchange your initial cards for a portion of your original bet back.